Shutoff or clear "as you type" feature

In Windows XP, if I enter a word or phrase to search on the internet, that
word or phrase is remembered in Windows. The next time I enter a word or
phrase, a list of similar, previously used words appears below. In other
words, I enter "automobile" in the search subject line in yahoo.com. Next
time I wish to enter "airplane." As soon as the letter "a" is typed into the
field, a box pops up with the word "automobile" in it. This is like an auto
fill-in-the-word feature as you type.
I would like to either shutoff the feature or clear out the items in that
list.
Is there a way to do so?
Please provide guidance is this feature can be shutoff or cleared.
Thanks...

Disabling or Enabling the AutoComplete or Inline AutoComplete Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237553

To remove an AutoComplete entry from a Web form, highlight the item in the
AutoComplete dropdown and press the Delete key.

To remove all Web form AutoComplete entries, go to the Internet Explorer
Tools menu, select Internet Options, Content, AutoComplete, then press the
"Clear Forms" button.

From IE Help...

To delete Autocomplete entries from the Address bar list

[[The AutoComplete feature saves previous entries you've made for Web
addresses, forms, and passwords. To delete entries from the Address bar, you
must clear your History folder. You cannot clear individual entries from the
list of saved entries.

1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Under History, click Clear History.

Notes
When typing information in Web forms, and typing passwords, you can remove
an item from the list of suggestions by clicking the item and then pressing
the DELETE key. ]]

How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;217148

Clear IE History, AutoComplete, Clear the TIF, Clear the Run MRU, Typed
URL's
and Clear List:

XP Start Menu:
Right click the Start button | Properties | Customize button | Advanced tab
| Recent Documents | Clear List.

Classic Start Menu:
Right click the Start button | Properties | Customize button | Clear button

Clear button
[[Removes the list of recently accessed documents, programs, and Web sites
from the Documents menu.]]
--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes