Anyone running a P5N32-E and a E6600? Need help

Carnal

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
I am having trouble OCing this setup. I am not a smart man... this system has me completely confounded. Any help would be appreciated.

Carnal

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Lol, yeah. I'm not to knowledgable on this stuff but I am trying to learn.

I've set the memory timing to 5, 5, 5, 15, I have set memory voltage to 2.2v, and Vcore to 1.45. The rest of the settings dont look like anything else I have seen listed on these boards. I have gone to where it says FSB (QDR) and raised that above the default 800, but it crashes my system whenever I put any stress on it.

I think my basic problem is that very little I have read on these boards relates to the config on this mb and CPU, at least as far as I understand it. If someone has experience with this sort of setup, I would appreciate any sort of guidance. I am affraid that I am screwing something up :oops:

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
set your memory and cpu independent of each - set the memory to stock settings. tune the cpu first bring up the fsb slowly. then set the memory - i over oc these with np.

if u have problem check each stick in slot 3

did u raise the nb voltage? u need too - :p!

p5n-e mod: buy a coolermaster 40mm fan cooler with heatsink - take it apart - put the hink sink on the southbridge and screw the 40mm fan on the right side of the nb heat sink it fits perfectly. low profile heat sink will clear any gpu card.

if u want to oc alot - u need to use a down blowing cpu fan so that it also helps cool the nb.

Carnal

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
:? Let me add some more specifics to my problem.

MB: ASUS P5N32-E SLI
CPU: E6600
RAM: 2 x 1GB Corsair XMS2 Synced
GB: 8800GX
Cooling: Antec900 case with Zalman9500 CPU fan

My problem is that although I have read the guides here, I get into the setting in my Bios and nothing I read makes sense. I have raised the voltages as shown but whenever I raise my QFSB beyond 1200 or so my computer will flash BSD and die on me when I load a game I play. It will boot windows fine. Monitoring CPU temps show that the CPU never gets above mid 30s C.

I know that I should be able to get alot out of this setup and I am sure it is something an experienced OCr would be able to pick up on right away. But I am not one :?

Any specifics would be greatly appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS