Event ID 1000 every five minutes requires server reboot

I have an intermittent problem - happens perhaps twice a week on a 10 user W2K Server. No one can access server and I get a sequence of three messages repeating every 5 minutes in the applications log -
Event 1000 Windows cannot access registry information at \\domain . . . registry.pol with (1351)
Event 1001 Security policy cannot be propagated. Cannot access template . . .
Event 1000 The group Policy clientiside extension waws passed flags . . .

and sometimes get Event 1004 - Policy chabge from LSA/SAM on DC can't be replicated to other DCs. Error 4312 to save policy change in the default GPOs

Note that there is only 1 DC.

Only rebooting server seems to fix.
1 answer Last reply
More about event 1000 minutes requires server reboot

    Although this does not sound like DNS, I would verify that all DNS configs
    are correct. Then, check the security on the Sysvol and the Policies folder
    under Sysvol. Sounds to me like someone mucked with the perms on the Sysvol
    or something under it.

    --
    Derek Melber
    BrainCore.Net
    "Hubbs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have an intermittent problem - happens perhaps twice a week on a 10 user
    W2K Server. No one can access server and I get a sequence of three messages
    repeating every 5 minutes in the applications log -
    > Event 1000 Windows cannot access registry information at \\domain . . .
    registry.pol with (1351)
    > Event 1001 Security policy cannot be propagated. Cannot access template .
    .. .
    > Event 1000 The group Policy clientiside extension waws passed flags . . .
    >
    > and sometimes get Event 1004 - Policy chabge from LSA/SAM on DC can't be
    replicated to other DCs. Error 4312 to save policy change in the default
    GPOs

    > Note that there is only 1 DC.
    >
    > Only rebooting server seems to fix.

Policy Servers Event Id Windows