Group Policies

Hi,

Could anyone help me out in this.
I have a W2k Domain with W2k Clients and w2k server
I have created an OU in that I have created a group and
added users to that group.
I have made the policy at OU level.but when i login as a
user ( member of a group in OU ) the policy didnt seem to
apply.Is there anything that I am missing .

any help on this would really be appreciated.
Thanks

Z S

"Zuber S" <zuber_shaikh@hotmail.com> said

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone help me out in this.
> I have a W2k Domain with W2k Clients and w2k server
> I have created an OU in that I have created a group and
> added users to that group.
> I have made the policy at OU level.but when i login as a
> user ( member of a group in OU ) the policy didnt seem to
> apply.Is there anything that I am missing .
>
> any help on this would really be appreciated.

The user needs to reside within the OU, not just the group.

The user is already in the OU as well as in the group
under that OU

Is the policy a computer configuration policy? If so, the computer account
needs to reside in the OU, not the user account.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net
"Zuber" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The user is already in the OU as well as in the group
> under that OU

It is for the User policy

Other typical GPO issues include:

DNS config problems
block policy inheritance on OU
no override on GPO
filtering on GPO ACL
User is not in OU, but group is
GPO is not linked properly

--
> It is for the User policy

Thanks Derek for your replies.
I tried bit didnt work, can u do me a favour, send me
steps to go abt creating the Policy on
zuber_shaikh@hotmail.com
I am getting lost
Domain--->OU--->user/computer
Regards
Zuber S

Sure Zuber... what exactly was it that you were wanting... I will get that
right to you!

--
> Thanks Derek for your replies.
> I tried bit didnt work, can u do me a favour, send me
> steps to go abt creating the Policy on
> zuber_shaikh@hotmail.com
> I am getting lost
> Domain--->OU--->user/computer
> Regards
> Zuber S

Hi Derek,

Thats really nice of u. Well I give u my sceneiro

--I have a W2k server Domain Controller,W2k Server and W2k
professional Clients.
--I have joined all the clients to the DC
--In domain I created an OU (xyz).In that OU (xyz)i
created a user ( abc )as well as a group ( security -
global )
--Now I created group policy at the OU level . eg ..I
made changes in the User configuration -->desktop-->hide
all icons on desktop.
--Now when i login from the client machine as a user (
abc ) the policy doest seem to apply.
-- I even created computer account in that OU (xyz).
-- I deleted the computer account from the Computers under
Active directory user n groups and created in OU.
But it didnt work.. can u guide me in that..
Will it be fine if i mail u on ur email ID.
Once again Thanks for ur replies .
Zuber S

Zuber,

I think there might be a couple of issues:

1) make sure DNS is correct. Run ipconfig /all from the client computer to
make sure it lists the correct DNS IP address.
2) Make sure the GPO is applying to the client computer. Run gpresult from
the client computer to make sure your GPO is showing up.

Let me know where you are after this.

Sure you can email me on my email account, no problem.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net