user profiles

I had a complete system crash. Reinstalled w2k on hte
server and reset my domain. I added all work stations the
Domani and went to copy profiles to the new user profile
and could not. The old profiles are listed as unknown
account and will not let me copy. What can I do to copy
these profiles??
1 answer Last reply
More about user profiles

    You probably posted this in the wrong newsgroup.

    If that happened to me I would probably lose my job for
    not backing up the server.

    You are going to have to go into the profile on the w2k
    systems (C:\documents & Settings\) and manually copy the
    desktop icons, favorites etc. from the old profile to the
    new profile.

    You should have backed up your server's system state data,
    then you could have restored everything including the user
    and computer accounts and you wouldn't have to rejoin any
    computers to the domain or mess with their user profiles.

Microsoft Windows