CrossFire X1950 PRO's and multiple monitors

Acerocks

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Hi to all. I have a question and can't seem to find an answer. I have an ASUS P5WDH Deluxe Cross Fire system board, a Core 2 Duo 6700 processor and (2) ATI X1950 Pro Cross Fire cards. I have the cards connected via the internal connection with the supplied ribbon cables connecting both cards together. I enable Cross Fire mode in Catalyst Control panel. I have (3) 20 inch widescreen Samsung SyncMaster 205BW’s flat panel displays and all are hooked up to 3 of the 4 DVI outputs both cards have together. I am trying to use (3) monitors as (1) “stretched” display (not “extended” desktop” I think that is a different term and games can’t use all monitors in that mode). I can do this with 2 displays, as long as they are connected to the same video card. But I can’t seem to get (3) displays to act as (1) stretched display. But I must be missing something or miss informed on how it can work. Any help would be appreciated and could end the endless hours I've spent trying to figure this out.

Thanks.

You can't do it due to the chip limitations, anything to emulate it would require software involvement slowing things down.

What you need is to run in Xfire mode, and then use a Matrox TripleHead2Go but be sure the resolutions you want is supported.