Setup 3 Initialization Failure

Hey all,

So I just finished building my (1rst) PC and everything seemed to be going well. Then, when I boot from Windows XP CD, I get this error: Setup 3 Initialization Failed. It is a hardware problem but I am not sure what is wrong. I have tried clearing the CMOS. Here are my specs.

DFI Infinity 975X
Conroe E6600
Corsair XMS 2Gig 1066
1 Seagate SATA
Nvidia 8800 GTS
Asus DVD/CD
PC Power and Cooling 750W
Bluegear Enspirer Soundcard

I have everything except the soundcard installed.

THanks for any help.
3 answers Last reply
More about setup initialization failure
  1. Hi there.

Been trying to Google the answer, but haven't found much...in fact, hardly found anything at all. Strange.

Anyway. The only suggestion I came across had to do with either a dirty CD or a poorly copied install CD. So try cleaning the disk maybe.

EDIT: I guess it could be right. From personal experience I have known a bad copy of the XP installation causing odd problems. Another thing you might want to test is your memory. Google Memtest86. Good stuff.
  2. Thanks for the help. I actually got it to work. Don't know what I did exactly...jiggled some connections, swore a great deal...anyways, it worked. Thanks again.
  3. LOL! Never underestimate the power of threatening electronics with imminent death! XD XD XD

Glad it's working for you now. Probably was a loose connection then.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems