gpo application deployment

Hi,

I wonder if there's an option in the application
deployment via GPO to not install an application that is
already installed!
Details:
application is assigned to a group of users via GPO. When
one user (member of that group) logs on the application
installs. When another user (of that same application
group) logs on that application is being reinstalled. Is
there a way to make sure that that doesn't happen via GPO?

thanks for the help
1 answer Last reply
More about application deployment

    I think WMI filters could fix this if your DC's are 2003 to enable gpo wmi
    filters.

    Philip Nunn

    "VDP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wonder if there's an option in the application
    > deployment via GPO to not install an application that is
    > already installed!
    > Details:
    > application is assigned to a group of users via GPO. When
    > one user (member of that group) logs on the application
    > installs. When another user (of that same application
    > group) logs on that application is being reinstalled. Is
    > there a way to make sure that that doesn't happen via GPO?
    >
    > thanks for the help

Policy Microsoft Windows