Sign in with
Your question

I have a wifi lap top what do I do next?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 24, 2006 1:12:14 PM

This is all gobledy gook to me. Can you tell me the basic processes I go through to get my broadband on the laptop? Needless to say I have 2mg of BB on my desktop.

Montymouse

More about : wifi lap top

July 26, 2006 6:53:38 PM

I'm not sure what 2mg of BB is, but if you have a laptop with built in wireless, you need to get a wireless router and hook it up to your broadband connection. If you don't have a broadband connection yet, look at DSL or Cable modems and choose one. Then get a wireless router to connect and you should be in business.
July 27, 2006 1:59:19 AM

Check to see if your Internet provider has wireless or home netwokring options. Many do. For an extra couple bucks a month they'll set up the wireless router for you.
Related resources
September 8, 2009 3:55:31 PM

BloodLustDE said:
I'm not sure what 2mg of BB is, but if you have a laptop with built in wireless, you need to get a wireless router and hook it up to your broadband connection. If you don't have a broadband connection yet, look at DSL or Cable modems and choose one. Then get a wireless router to connect and you should be in business.

ok I have a router and it was connected for a week or so and I bought an cricket broadband to use when I'm not at home so when I used the Cricket broadband yesterday and got home to use the wifi, I can't get the wifi light to come back on, so I have to use the Cricket broadband at home to get on the internet. How do I turn the wifi back on.
September 8, 2009 4:09:34 PM

ok I have a router and I have the connection and it was connected for a week or so and I bought an cricket broadband to use when I'm not at home so when I used the Cricket broadband yesterday and got home to use the wifi, I can't get the wifi light to come back on, so I have to use the Cricket broadband at home to get on the internet. How do I turn the wifi back on.
Anonymous
October 13, 2009 1:02:41 AM

i have cricket broadband. i had to buy a cradlepoint ctr350 router from 3Gstore.com. it didn't work until i updated the firmware. it came with a disk that instructs you on how to update the firware on the router. the updates are on the disk. it works great now. i connected two laptops and 2 ipods to the internet using the router. also the speed is exactly the same.

By the way, the router cost $99. it's really small and portable.

raymi
October 14, 2009 5:08:46 PM

I think the guy resolved this issue long time ago. No need to answer him anymore. :) 
!