Restrict users from image files? (Is there any way?)

Is there any way to restrict or block users from opeing, (also accessing, & sending) image files that they receive from Exchange 2000 e-mail, into their Outlook 2000 client?

Concerned about sexually explicit image files (*.jpg) being received and then forwarded to other Exchange mail accounts, (by internal employees). Want to be able to restrict that on an individual user basis. If I could prevent users from opening the image files, then they'd loose a lot of incentive to forward them on to other employees. Some employees will need to work with image files, so this needs to be restricted to individual users.

Wondering if anyone has any creative ideas on using Active Directory to achieve a user-level restriction to image / picture files, (especially *.jpg files).

Any suggestions are appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about restrict users image files

    The easiest way to do this would be using 3rd party Exchange anitvirus/spam
    sofware to block the attachment type. Using group policy you could block
    the attachments also. You have to add the outlook template to the "User
    Configuration" administrative templates. Right click on admin
    templates>click Add/Remove templates. look for the one that says OUTLK11 or
    OUTLK10. I added in the outlk11 template and found the attachment blocking
    settings "User config>admin templates>Microsoft office Outlook 2003>Tools |
    Options...>Security" You will then see this setting "Allow access to email
    attachments"

    Good luck!

    Philip Nunn

    "ER" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to restrict or block users from opeing, (also accessing,
    & sending) image files that they receive from Exchange 2000 e-mail, into
    their Outlook 2000 client?

    > Concerned about sexually explicit image files (*.jpg) being received and
    then forwarded to other Exchange mail accounts, (by internal employees).
    Want to be able to restrict that on an individual user basis. If I could
    prevent users from opening the image files, then they'd loose a lot of
    incentive to forward them on to other employees. Some employees will need
    to work with image files, so this needs to be restricted to individual
    users.

    > Wondering if anyone has any creative ideas on using Active Directory to
    achieve a user-level restriction to image / picture files, (especially *.jpg
    files).

    > Any suggestions are appreciated.

Windows