Software Installation - Packaging app's

Jim

I would like to package some software to deploy using GPO
(group policy objects) and SI(Software Installation).

Any recommendations?

Jim-

I use Installshield AdminStudio to do this. It's going to put a dent in your
checkbook, but it's well worth the money.

What application are you looking to repack?

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to package some software to deploy using GPO
> (group policy objects) and SI(Software Installation).
>
> Any recommendations?

Jim

Looking to repackage Windows XP SP's, Office XP SP's,
Office 2003 SP's, and other much used applications.

None of that needs to be repackaged. Office is in native MSI form - ready
for distribution via group policy. Service packs can also be dispatched via
group policy.

For Office, see this:
http://briandesmond.com/blog/archive/2003/10/25/233.aspx
For SP's, see this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;269732 and this

> Looking to repackage Windows XP SP's, Office XP SP's,
> Office 2003 SP's, and other much used applications.

TRENDING THREADS