need reliable router

atinybug

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
So I recently picked up a Dlink DI-624 router to try. Previously I had a linksys (dont remember the model #, but it was probably their most popular one, as I got it at Best Buy). Anyway, I was pretty upset with my previous Linksys router as it would just stop working ever couple weeks for no apparent reason, making me reset it every time. It wasnt the wireless connection that dropped, it was just the entire router would just stop working. My computer that's wired into it would see the router, but the router wouldn't be able to see my cable modem. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the cable modem because if I just connect my computer directly to it, it works perfectly. Anyway, so I was pretty annoyed at my Linksys, so I tried getting a Dlink router. And boy was I wrong, this thing likes to take a dump once every couple hours. A router reboot and/or power cycle would fix it, for a couple hours, then it takes another dump. Anyway, what do you guys think is a reliable router, or am I just having bad luck?

-edit-
I should also mention I rma'd the linksys once too. The new (fixed?) one they sent me worked fine for a couple months, then it had all the same problems as the old one.

peaceman57

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I know I may be late in responding, its now four months later.

Anyway, you should return the router where you bought it from, and
exchange it for a different model. If its too late to return it, you could
try updating the firmware, by downloading a new version from their website and see if that helps.

peaceman