Internet Connection Problem

grimes

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Hello, Just built my new computer, installed windows 7 (completely new to win7). My router and modem is on. I'm on another computer in my network, but on my new pc it says I have no connection, it doesn't have a wireless internet card but i tried directly plugging it into the modem itself and it still didn't work. I tried to download the router drivers from the CD but I need to have a internet connection to download it off of the CD. What do I do?

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hello there,

Windows-7 has 23 troubleshooters builtin, and has a great cadry of applets to get you on line.
If you click on the 'Network and Sharing Center' it will give you a graphical screen of what is recognized, and where the bottleneck is. If you click on 'See Full Map' it is an even more detailed view.

Also down below you can choose 'Connect to the Network' or Troubleshooting Problems' and it get you connected or show you where the problem is to work on.

You don't have to have a wireless connection, connect your new computer directly to your router with an ethernet cable, and it is even easier for the troubleshooters to get you going.

Hope that's helpful!

And congrats on building your first computer system. It's a great hobby