Security Updates

newbie

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hi,

I have just installed win 2k SP4 using windows Installer and Group Policy.
Is it possible to do the same with the latest security fixes?
If yes, how? I am a beginner at this so detailed instructions or links to
somewhere would be greatly appreciated.

waldox

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2003

I suggest reading about SUS or perhaps SMS. Depending or your needs. I deployed SUS in our organization, and it has been very helpful. You can find some info about it here: http://www.susserver.com/

There's also a SUS newsgroup here. An remember, do your homework before you deploy it. You need to investigate and read about it.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

You are making it too hard. MS has already done it for you.
See:
White paper: Software Update Services Overview White Paper

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810796&Product=win2000

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Newbie" <noidea@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed win 2k SP4 using windows Installer and Group Policy.
> Is it possible to do the same with the latest security fixes?
> If yes, how? I am a beginner at this so detailed instructions or links to
> somewhere would be greatly appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

you may want to also look at slipstreaming sp4 into win2k distribution
share..

search google groups for more info..