Read Access on Group Policy

I ma trying to give read access to my helpdesk on group policy so that they
can see and read the group policy settings but do not want them to change
anything. I have delegated control on the domain level and given read and
list access on the group policy objects and OU, but when they go into group
policy the edit button is unhighlighted. I have checked all permissions on
OU and group policy and everything seems correct. Is there anything else I
need to do or how do you give someone read access only on group policy.

You need to use the GPMC to do this, or use FAZAM 2000. By default, you
can't give just read permission to GPO settings with ADUC.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net
"gurvinder.nijjar" <gsnijjar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I ma trying to give read access to my helpdesk on group policy so that
they
> can see and read the group policy settings but do not want them to change
> anything. I have delegated control on the domain level and given read and
> list access on the group policy objects and OU, but when they go into
group
> policy the edit button is unhighlighted. I have checked all permissions
on
> OU and group policy and everything seems correct. Is there anything else
> need to do or how do you give someone read access only on group policy.

Hello, you can also try to use Professional Audit Expander 3. with this soft, you can scan the NTFS permissions of many objects, like folders, files, Active Directory, Registry, IIS, GPO... WinSysBee Support Team http://www.winsysbee.com
nntp://news.free.fr/microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy/<u4Goz#yIEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>