MSI Neo4-F and A-DATA RAM

kiddagoat

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
I do not know exactly how to classify my problem.
I just recently ordered and built my current machine from NewEgg.

My system specs are shown in my signature, I can get more specific if needed. As for my issuse, I have noticed that
I am missing the 1T/2T option in my BIOS and I can not run my memory at it's advertised timings of 2-3-3-6-1T @ 2.7V.

I have contact A-Data and this is what they said:

受理編號 Inquiry Number:CS07010244

處理狀況 Inquiry Response:
Dear ******,

Thanks for your support of A-DATA product.

According to the problem you mentioned, please set DIMM voltage to 2.75V
for 2-3-3-6.

Regards,

I have tried as A-DATA said, that results in my system giving off 3-4 rapid beeps that keep repeating
until I clear the CMOS. Any attempt to alter my timings does this. I ran MemTEST for 3 hours and
there was not a single error.

I contacted MSI and this is what they said:

MSI Tech. 01/04/2007 Bios can not be done for none-approved memory vendor. We have tried with
Rosewill modules and it seems their timing is designed standard like Kingston.

End User 01/03/2007 Is there anyway you can maybe create a new BIOS or something? I used Rosewill
Memory in your KT880 Delta Series board before I upgraded to this one. It let me change timings and
everything else with ease. With not approved vendors, is this type of thing just hit or miss?

MSI Tech. 01/03/2007 This is normal since the mb is not approved to use with A-DATA. Approved memory
vendors from the following: Buffalo Crucial Corsair Kingston Mushkin OCZ Technology Princeton Technology Super Talent

End User 01/03/2007 The about A-DATA memory is rated at the timings of 2-3-3-6, 2.7V, and I am certain
it can run at 1T. I can not get the system to boot unless my voltage is the default 2.65V and timings of 3-4-4-8 and 2T.
Is there a way to fix this? This is the model of my RAM: ADBGB1916K I purchased all of these parts from NewEgg.

I do have a +3700 San Diego that is E6.

I have tried a BIOS boot disk a MSI Forum user made and used the modified BIOS. That resulted in any attempt to enter the BIOS locking up the machine with a black screen and the flashing cursor in the top left corner or the system not POSTing at all.

I have 2 DIMMS, it is a 2x512MB Dual Channel Kit. I went into the Cell Menu and changed the voltage to 2.75V and the system rebooted showing timingis of 3-4-4-8-2T. I found that hidden mode in the CELL MENU. The other options it enabled where a NV4/ATI Speed up which I left alone
and PCI Auto Clock/Detect. This one was set to enabled.

I downloaded that A64 Tweaker and that does allow for me to change to 1T.

As far as timings go, I guess MSI really does not like A-DATA.

I have the RAM @ 2.75V and my MB refuses to let me set the timings to anything other than 3-4-4-8.

Any help with this would be great. I have all the latest drivers installed for all of my hardware.

kiddagoat

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Sorry about that, the above information is the support I have received thus far. I have contacted A-DATA and MSI. I have also posted on the MSI forums. The only resolution I could get as downloading the A64 Tweaker Tool with lets me set my memory to 1T.

My question is what would be causing my motherboard to not allow me to run my memory at the advertised timings of 2-3-3-6 @ 2.7V-2.8V as specified on A-DATA's website. Every time I try to change the timings at all, it results in my system locking up and all I get on the reboot is 3-4 rapid beeps that repeat continuously or it could just be one long beep I am having a hard time distinguishing.

My system is as follows:
AMD64 +3700 Revision E6 (Stock Settings)
1GB DDR400+ A-DATA Viesta ADBGB1916K 3-4-4-8-1T @ 2.75V
MSI K8N Neo4-F v3.x MS7125 BIOS Rev 3.5
ASUS EN7600GT Extreme
80GB Western Digital Caviar
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4
Lite-On 401S DVD+RW
Samsung CD-RW 48x24x48

Mondoman

Splendid
My question is what would be causing my motherboard to not allow me to run my memory at the advertised timings of 2-3-3-6 @ 2.7V-2.8V as specified on A-DATA's website.
I'm confused here. According to your specs, the RAM is rated at 3-4-4-8 @ 2.75V.

Every time I try to change the timings at all, it results in my system locking up ...
The best way to change those settings is a two-step process. First, change the memory voltage in the BIOS. Save changes and reboot. Then, change the timings in the BIOS. Save changes and reboot. Otherwise, sometimes the timings can be applied before the voltage is changed, which can cause problems.

This post may help:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1249881#1249881

As for your 1T/2T issue, that's pretty much determined by the motherboard/chipset design, not the memory.

kiddagoat

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
I found my issue, NewEgg has this RAM miss speced

According to TigerDirect and some foreign sites I've see, this specific memory is not the Extreme Edition, it is the value RAM with some cool heatspreaders on it. I found on CNET and Tiger that this RAM should be run at 2.5-3-3-8 @ 2.7V. I have also seen it as 2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.7V. I am running stable at 2.5-3-3-8 @ 2.65V with 1T enabled.

TRENDING THREADS