Redirected Folders issue

Hi all,

I am having an issue with a redirected folders group policy that I added to
our SBS 2000 server. This policy is in addition to the Default Domain Group
Policy. I did not alter that(DDGP). I was having everyone's My Documents
folder redirected to a network share on the server. The powers that be
decided that they did not want this for all employees at this time and
therefore I disabled the policy, however, it appears that everyone's folders
are still being synchronized to the server when they log out. Am I missing
something here? Do I need to delete the policy as opposed to disabling it?
Why has the disabling of the policy not stopped the synchronization of the
folders?

TR
6 answers Last reply
More about redirected folders issue

    To redirect it back to the local profile folder : redirect the My Documents folder back to %USERPROFILE%\My Documents instead of the network path. This is the default path of a workstation.
    See registry : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

    You needn't remove GPO.

    You can force to move it back. Reenable folder redirection and type %userprofile%\My Documents in the path.
    After all the clients update their policies - disable folder redirection.

    I checked the 'redirect folder back to original location when policy is
    removed' when I created the policy. Does this feature not work?

    Thanks
    TR

    "Igor Fomin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You needn't remove GPO.
    >
    > You can force to move it back. Reenable folder redirection and type
    %userprofile%\My Documents in the path.
    > After all the clients update their policies - disable folder redirection.

    According to its name the option have to work but really it doesn't. I don't know why - just made some tests and couldn't return My Documents back.

    Would this apply to Desktop and AppData also?

    > According to its name the option have to work but really it doesn't. I
    don't know why - just made some tests and couldn't return My Documents back.
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

    I don't know, I tested My Documents only.

Policy Microsoft Servers Windows