Logon/Logoff Script

I have a batch file for a logon and logoff script with GP.

Here is an example of what I have in it.

"
#Account Management

NET USE Q: \\AM\APPS
NET USE S: \\AM\USERS
"

This isn't complicated.
But it isn't running on the workstations.
They don't have these drive mappings.
Is there a better way to force drive mappings on logon
with Group policies?

Thanks,
Eric
3 answers Last reply
More about logon logoff script

    Make sure that GPOs are applying at all. It might be a GPO issue, not a
    script issue. I would make another simple GPO change, to make sure all is
    working, then troubleshoot the script. The script looks fine, so I am
    guessing GPO!

    --
    Derek Melber
    BrainCore.Net

    "Derek Melber [MVP]" <derekm@braincore.net> said

    > Make sure that GPOs are applying at all. It might be a GPO issue, not a
    > script issue. I would make another simple GPO change, to make sure all is
    > working, then troubleshoot the script. The script looks fine, so I am
    > guessing GPO!

    He could use GPResult to determine whether or not the GP is being applied.

    Andy

    Your script might not be running because you are pointing to the logon
    script in the domain.com\scripts folder instead of the scripts folder for
    the specific policies folder. This minor detail kept me from using the GPO's
    for scripting for some time until I ran across an article showing that the
    best way to get the logon script "wired" to the GPO is to drag and drop the
    script file into the browse window from the script locate window.

    To do this, Navigate to the GPO's logon section in Users Configuration. Then
    click properties, Add/Edit, Then Browse. With this window open, drag and
    drop your script into the box.

    Your script should now fire. It might be helpful to put a pause window in
    the script to have it pause so you can see what is going on. I also found
    that rights can be an issue as well which will prevent the drive from
    getting mapped, but is sounds like you're not even getting the script to
    fire.

    Good Luck,

    Jim

    "Eric Burnett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a batch file for a logon and logoff script with GP.
    >
    > Here is an example of what I have in it.
    >
    > "
    > #Account Management
    >
    > NET USE Q: \\AM\APPS
    > NET USE S: \\AM\USERS
    > "
    >
    > This isn't complicated.
    > But it isn't running on the workstations.
    > They don't have these drive mappings.
    > Is there a better way to force drive mappings on logon
    > with Group policies?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Eric

Windows