Logon/Logoff Script

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 15, 2004 4:57:27 PM

I have a batch file for a logon and logoff script with GP.

Here is an example of what I have in it.

"
#Account Management

NET USE Q: \\AM\APPS
NET USE S: \\AM\USERS
"

This isn't complicated.
But it isn't running on the workstations.
They don't have these drive mappings.
Is there a better way to force drive mappings on logon
with Group policies?

Thanks,
Eric

More about : logon logoff script

Anonymous
April 15, 2004 6:30:07 PM

Make sure that GPOs are applying at all. It might be a GPO issue, not a
script issue. I would make another simple GPO change, to make sure all is
working, then troubleshoot the script. The script looks fine, so I am
guessing GPO!

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net
"Eric Burnett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a batch file for a logon and logoff script with GP.
>
> Here is an example of what I have in it.
>
> "
> #Account Management
>
> NET USE Q: \\AM\APPS
> NET USE S: \\AM\USERS
> "
>
> This isn't complicated.
> But it isn't running on the workstations.
> They don't have these drive mappings.
> Is there a better way to force drive mappings on logon
> with Group policies?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Anonymous
April 15, 2004 10:02:18 PM

"Derek Melber [MVP]" <derekm@braincore.net> said

> Make sure that GPOs are applying at all. It might be a GPO issue, not a
> script issue. I would make another simple GPO change, to make sure all is
> working, then troubleshoot the script. The script looks fine, so I am
> guessing GPO!

He could use GPResult to determine whether or not the GP is being applied.

Andy
May 3, 2004 1:54:41 PM

Your script might not be running because you are pointing to the logon
script in the domain.com\scripts folder instead of the scripts folder for
the specific policies folder. This minor detail kept me from using the GPO's
for scripting for some time until I ran across an article showing that the
best way to get the logon script "wired" to the GPO is to drag and drop the
script file into the browse window from the script locate window.

To do this, Navigate to the GPO's logon section in Users Configuration. Then
click properties, Add/Edit, Then Browse. With this window open, drag and
drop your script into the box.

Your script should now fire. It might be helpful to put a pause window in
the script to have it pause so you can see what is going on. I also found
that rights can be an issue as well which will prevent the drive from
getting mapped, but is sounds like you're not even getting the script to
fire.

Good Luck,

Jim

!