Freezer 7 pro, fan speed and other questions.

Harlequinn

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
I gota E6400 running at 3ghz and a freezer 7 pro on it.
When the cooler is set to "Max" the idle temp is around 33C/90F and the fan spins at 2500rpm.
When i put it on "Auto" in the bios the idle temp is around 45C and the fan spins at 1000.

Is there a way i can set the fan to spin at some middleground to get a lower temp then 45C but without the noice?

Some of the bios options (Legacy?) sais it changes teh fanspeed according to the temp. But how does it deside what the best fanspeed is?
Is there a way I can ajust the "Auto" settings so that it keeps the cpu cooler then the 45C it's on now, or is 45C "the normal"?

I dont know if it mathers, but without OC the temp was around 22C on max and 35ish on Auto.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I gota E6400 running at 3ghz and a freezer 7 pro on it.
When the cooler is set to "Max" the idle temp is around 33C/90F and the fan spins at 2500rpm.
When i put it on "Auto" in the bios the idle temp is around 45C and the fan spins at 1000.

Is there a way i can set the fan to spin at some middleground to get a lower temp then 45C but without the noice?

Some of the bios options (Legacy?) sais it changes teh fanspeed according to the temp. But how does it deside what the best fanspeed is?
Is there a way I can ajust the "Auto" settings so that it keeps the cpu cooler then the 45C it's on now, or is 45C "the normal"?

I dont know if it mathers, but without OC the temp was around 22C on max and 35ish on Auto.

I have the same setup as you as well as the same overclock frequency. The Arctic cooler is a greater design (not to mention the price), the temps you are quoting are about the same as mine and are well within the safe thermal limits, I would just keep it at auto and let motherbaord handle the fan speed.

If you really must have manual control I would suggest you buy a Zalman fan Mate 2 and use that to set the fan RPM, but in all honesty it really doesn't need it.

Mondoman

Splendid
First, make sure all four plastic mounting pins of the F7Pro are all the way through the MB (this stupid Intel mounting design is very easy to mount not-quite-100% properly, and it makes a big temp difference).
Second, depending on the BIOS of your MB, there may be a section where you can manually specify the "auto" behavior of the different fans (on Abit MBs, it's in the uGuru section). In such a section, you can specify the temp above which the fan speed is increased above idle, and the temp above which the fan runs at max speed. In between those temps, fan speed increases with temp. For example, I think I have mine set to start speeding up at 35C and go to max speed at 50C.