Time and Date XP question

February 3, 2005 1:46:55 PM

Using Windows XP SP2.

In all prior versions of windows, whenever I paused the mouse cursor over
the time in the lower right of the tool bar the date would appear, but that
does not happen now. Pausing the cursor on any other icon in the tool bar
causes an id tag to appear--just not over the time. Is there an adjustment
I can make to correct this?

Thanks

More about : time date question

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 2:03:58 PM

What happens if you log out and back in again?

"John" <John1188u8@Elkestr.com> wrote in message
> Using Windows XP SP2.
>
> In all prior versions of windows, whenever I paused the mouse cursor over
> the time in the lower right of the tool bar the date would appear, but
> that
> does not happen now. Pausing the cursor on any other icon in the tool bar
> causes an id tag to appear--just not over the time. Is there an
> adjustment
> I can make to correct this?
>

> Thanks

February 3, 2005 4:44:17 PM

Wow, that worked. Thanks. What caused that?

> What happens if you log out and back in again?

> "John" <John1188u8@Elkestr.com> wrote in message
>> Using Windows XP SP2.
>>
>> In all prior versions of windows, whenever I paused the mouse cursor over
>> the time in the lower right of the tool bar the date would appear, but
>> that
>> does not happen now. Pausing the cursor on any other icon in the tool
>> bar
>> causes an id tag to appear--just not over the time. Is there an
>> adjustment
>> I can make to correct this?
>>

>> Thanks

February 3, 2005 4:44:18 PM

Some other program stepped on it. It has been asked about frequently and I
have not seen a definitive fix.

> Wow, that worked. Thanks. What caused that?

>> What happens if you log out and back in again?
>>
>> --
>> "John" <John1188u8@Elkestr.com> wrote in message
>>> Using Windows XP SP2.
>>>
>>> In all prior versions of windows, whenever I paused the mouse cursor
>>> over
>>> the time in the lower right of the tool bar the date would appear, but
>>> that
>>> does not happen now. Pausing the cursor on any other icon in the tool
>>> bar
>>> causes an id tag to appear--just not over the time. Is there an
>>> adjustment
>>> I can make to correct this?
>>>

>>> Thanks

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 7:05:14 PM

Hi

Does the same happen when you move the cursor over the icons in the Quick
Launch Bar?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"John" <John1188u8@Elkestr.com> wrote in message
> Using Windows XP SP2.
>
> In all prior versions of windows, whenever I paused the mouse cursor over
> the time in the lower right of the tool bar the date would appear, but
> that
> does not happen now. Pausing the cursor on any other icon in the tool bar
> causes an id tag to appear--just not over the time. Is there an
> adjustment
> I can make to correct this?
>

> Thanks
February 3, 2005 7:05:15 PM

No

> Hi
>
> Does the same happen when you move the cursor over the icons in the Quick
> Launch Bar?
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "John" <John1188u8@Elkestr.com> wrote in message
>> Using Windows XP SP2.
>>
>> In all prior versions of windows, whenever I paused the mouse cursor over
>> the time in the lower right of the tool bar the date would appear, but
>> that
>> does not happen now. Pausing the cursor on any other icon in the tool
>> bar
>> causes an id tag to appear--just not over the time. Is there an
>> adjustment
>> I can make to correct this?
>>

>> Thanks

February 3, 2005 7:05:16 PM

As I said in my original post, pausing the cursor on any other icon in the

news:o aWSDsgCFHA.1836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!