hide "run" in start menu

Client Server LAN
Windows Server 2003 Standard; single DC
Windows 2000 Pro clients; 10 clients
New LAN
How do I limit the options of the "start menu", for
example hiding "run"?

Users will log onto the workstation as a "user" and to the
server as a "user".

Thanks for your attention to my inquiry.

Sincerely,
Jo

Hi Jo.

You can hide and disable certain Startmenu and desktop features by using the Group Policy Snap In though the MMC.
If you are not available with the MMC (Microsoft Management Console) you go to start > run > and type MMC in the box. From the Console menu you can goto add/remove snap-in and choose group policy.
To hide the "Run" option from the start menu you can go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start menu and Taskbar. Over to the right you will see an option for "Remove run from the start menu" which I belive will actually gray it out. Hope this helps.

-P.