Automatic proxy settings

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.general (More info?)

Hi all

When a new computer joins the domain it is picking up a proxy setting
automatically. I have checked in group policy and there is nothing set
there.

I have also checked the login script - nothing there either.
I have run gpresult and only the default domain policy is being applied.

Any ideas what else caould be causing this?
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about automatic proxy settings
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.general (More info?)

    "Damon" <nospam@spamworld.com> wrote in message news:<OwOg#vcJEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
    > Hi all
    >
    > When a new computer joins the domain it is picking up a proxy setting
    > automatically. I have checked in group policy and there is nothing set
    > there.

    Have you checked IE for "automatically detect settings" being checked
    in Tools -> Internet Options -> connections -> LAN Settings?

    --
    Matt Hickman
    Before my revered father died he made me promise him three

    If the 'automatically detect settings' is checked in IE's configuration, it
    will do this. The settings are obtained through a combination of DHCP
    and/or DNS, and a web server serving a configuration file. As I understand
    it, ISA server can do this for you, or you can configure your services
    yourself to provide this functionality without ISA (I did it)

    Why would you NOT want this automatic configuration?

    > Hi all
    >
    > When a new computer joins the domain it is picking up a proxy setting
    > automatically. I have checked in group policy and there is nothing set
    > there.
    >
    > I have also checked the login script - nothing there either.
    > I have run gpresult and only the default domain policy is being applied.
    >
    > Any ideas what else caould be causing this?
    > Thanks

    A bit of a long shot but:
    Could also be in roaming user profiles?
    (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings)

    Assuming your PC's are built before they're joined to the domain then
    it won't be an IE install (after being IEAK'd).

    On 19 Apr 2004 10:24:48 -0700, hemo_jr@space.com (Matt Hickman) wrote:

    >"Damon" <nospam@spamworld.com> wrote in message news:<OwOg#vcJEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> When a new computer joins the domain it is picking up a proxy setting
    >> automatically. I have checked in group policy and there is nothing set
    >> there.
    >
    >Have you checked IE for "automatically detect settings" being checked
    >in Tools -> Internet Options -> connections -> LAN Settings?

Policy Microsoft Proxy Windows