Changing the Default File Type Association

Does anybody know how to change the default Program used to open a file type
through GPO (or similar).

Users are receiving faxes via email attachments

The problem I am having is with files that have a ".fax" extension.

I want to set windows Picture and Fax Viewer as the default program to open
..fax files.

Users are receiving faxes (example.fax) as an attachment on an email, which
when they double click they are prompted to choose a program to open the
file with.

Any Ideas???

Thanks in Advance

Mark

You can write a script and use assoc (assoc /? for details), then run it via
a GPO.

Regards,
/Jimmy
--