P5N-E SLI 650i NO POST...

irocem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
I just bought the P5N-E SLI,E6600,MSI 8800GTS.. At the store they put the cpu in the mobo..put on a generic pci ex video card..It posted..I put the machine together..which I have done tons of times and no post..Everything comes on,all fans,video card fan goes on,but no picture on the monitor..I have the sound card and Physix card out of the machine,so its just the video card..I even tried unplugging the hard drives(2 of them). I have pqi ram..1 gig single dimm..A 460 watt power supply..2 rails the pci ex slot rated at 24 amps..Is the power supply too weak for the video card? There are no beeps either..But the internal speaker isn't hooked up..The green light comes on the board and I can see the lan light flickering like its working..Has anyone seen that before? Any help would be much appreciated !

Adon

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I had the same problem when I put together my bro's PC last week myself..
I realized that I had not put the CPU in the socket properly (AM2 socket)..took the CPU out, popped it back in again and VOILA,... it posted!
now your E6600 is a CPU with a pinless design, but u just might wanna take out the CPU and put it back in once again just to make sure thats not the case....
but I think that your Power Supply is not up to the task maybe...You should get something around at least 550watts.. and a quality PSU too... nothing generic. or on the cheap side... it makes no sense to spend the money you spent on the GPU, CPU, MoBo and then cheap out on the one thing that makes all those components run smoothly, the PSU!
I personally have the Antec True Power Trio 550watt, along with a 8800GTX, E6600 (OC'd to 3.5 ghz) and P5N-E SLI all put together neatly into my Antec Nine Hundred case.... and everything it runs real smooth no problems..
you should check that the CPU is in properly, and everything else.. then if not, try another Power Supply..

irocem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Thank you my friend..I went out and bought a corsair 525..I read review and they said it was really good for c2d and 8800..still the same thing..I went to a place..they put the cpu in the mother board..posted it..So I know it works..Isn't it supposed to beep before post? Mine makes no sound..everything spools up..but no video..I'm wondering if the video card has a problem..But the fan is working on that as well..I'm stumped..I might just pull everything apart and start over..grrrr

irocem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
I only have one stick of ram..I"m gonna take it back to the shop I bought the stuff from..They can put the ram they posted it off the 1st time..I'm sure its the ram..I tried everything else.

SilentBob66

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2007
Which ones are the 'right' motherboard screws. The manual just say use the phillips head screws, but they are all phillips head.

I know there are the regular ones (like the ones that screw the case panels on , and then there are some smaller thread ones for the optical drive mounts. And then there are some 'tall' screws with big heads and a tall shaft.

Which ones are the correct ones?

Thanks.

irocem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
the ones that are a little curved on top that take a phillips..not the ones that have a hex head..But they will work.. just make sure the gold posts are all the same height and that nothing is grounding out..

dji2as

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
make sure u have powered the motherboard properly.. by the cpu towards the back you should have a 4 0r 6 pin connection.. i forget.. i ran into same problem.. ASUS even told meto send it back.. till i pushed in this connecter in nice and tight..