Prevent write access to external USB device

Is it possible to control those external USB device (mult-card
readers, floppy drive, USB storage) so it has only READ access but no
WRITE access. We have number of digitial cameras with xD/SD/Smart
Media formats. Instead of installing different software to our
corporate PC (with GPO enable), we purchase those external multi-card
reader USB device. We want the user able to copy those files from the
multi-card reader to the network drive but disable to copy files to
the card reader. If there is a solution, does it work with USB
external storage (512Mb mini-key storage device) and external
CD-Writer?

Thx

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

There is a software called device lock that does this. You can search for it
on the web.

--
Hope this Helps
Dan V
"oscarmok" <oscarmok@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to control those external USB device (mult-card
> readers, floppy drive, USB storage) so it has only READ access but no
> WRITE access. We have number of digitial cameras with xD/SD/Smart
> Media formats. Instead of installing different software to our
> corporate PC (with GPO enable), we purchase those external multi-card
> reader USB device. We want the user able to copy those files from the
> multi-card reader to the network drive but disable to copy files to
> the card reader. If there is a solution, does it work with USB
> external storage (512Mb mini-key storage device) and external
> CD-Writer?
>
> Thx

TRENDING THREADS