Setting Environment Variables with GPO

marcus

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2001

Is there any way to set environement variables using a
group policy? (user or system)
I thought about using a login script but if there's a
better way, please let me know.

Thanks
Marcus

Marcus a script sounds like a good way to be of doing this, there is a few
script groups here to ask where to start.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Marcus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Is there any way to set environement variables using a
> group policy? (user or system)
> I thought about using a login script but if there's a
> better way, please let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Marcus

Hi Cristoffer,

Thanks for your answer.
I know how to set it up with a script, but I am looking
for a solution how to set it up with a group policy. I
didn't find any setting in the group policies. Maybe there
is any administrative template.

Regards
Marcus

Marcus the article below will cover this, I recommend to use the startup
script function within a Group Policy.

322241 - HOW TO: Assign Scripts in Windows 2000
This step-by-step article describes how to assign scripts in a Windows 2000
environment.
support.microsoft.com/ default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;322241

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson