Can someone identify this water block component?

The_Interloper

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2007
I've been entertaining the thought of purchasing a Danger Den full coverage water block (Tyee) with my soon to be video card (ATI). I'm aware of the extra weight and stress these blocks can add to the card and slot. Can someone identify these support post that combat the issue?

finished-3.jpg

dual_7.jpg

that almost looks like someones inventive solution....

I like it.....clean and effective....you know you can use a stick of wood or anything to hold hold the card...i cant see those water blocks being that much worse than some of the big ass coper coolers.....

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Looks like a piece of acrylic tube or something. Probably not something you can get at a computer shop but ask around at the local plastic manufacturers. That looks rotationally molded to me.

BUMP

Sure does, and its a great idea....

After all you get a tube...cut to length

Put on end over the wateblock screw...then wedge it on the case floor(not too much pressure)....slap in a screw at the bottom(from the outside of the case...) to stop it from sliding.....bam....travel friendly(well more travel friendly) water cooling...

Mugz

Splendid
Oct 27, 2006
Looks to me like someone got inventive with some perspex or plastic tubing. That particular stunt isn't all that new either - I've been hearing of it and seeing it since heavy coolers on gfx cards started getting popular.

I've even seen them with CCFLs used inside them.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Was gonna say that. I used to have a 4" CCFL supporting the corner of my card because the screw to hold it down was stripped out. Just propped it up and everything worked fine.