Event ID 109 & 1000

Rich

I have a Citrix environment on my network which I use GPO
to manage desktops and other items. Currently I am
getting an Event ID 109 & 1000 for every user that logs
into the server (Terminal Servers). The 109 error states
that the Policy couldn't be read, access was denied. I
looked at the security settings for the folders that I am
redirecting as well as the GPO. It looks like they have
enough rights to gain access to the setting.
The other error, 1000, is also related to 109. It
states: "The Group Policy client-side extension Folder
Redirection was passed flags (0) and returned a failure
status code of (5)."

I am not having much luck getting this resolved. Any help
would be great!

Thanks
Rich

Can you read SYSVOL share and the particular policy stored there?

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> I have a Citrix environment on my network which I use GPO
> to manage desktops and other items. Currently I am
> getting an Event ID 109 & 1000 for every user that logs
> into the server (Terminal Servers). The 109 error states
> that the Policy couldn't be read, access was denied. I
> looked at the security settings for the folders that I am
> redirecting as well as the GPO. It looks like they have
> enough rights to gain access to the setting.
> The other error, 1000, is also related to 109. It
> states: "The Group Policy client-side extension Folder
> Redirection was passed flags (0) and returned a failure
> status code of (5)."
>
> I am not having much luck getting this resolved. Any help
> would be great!
>
> Thanks
> Rich

Rich

I can read the SYSVOL via share even by the users that are
failing on the redirect policy. What I have found is that
if I delete the users profile off of the TS server the
redirect policy works great and I don't have the errors
stated below. I am assuming this is the only option
available to me to fix the problem. If there is another
way of fixing the problem that would be great.

Thanks

Rich

Can you please tell us more about how you have setup redirection?

--

> I can read the SYSVOL via share even by the users that are
> failing on the redirect policy. What I have found is that
> if I delete the users profile off of the TS server the
> redirect policy works great and I don't have the errors
> stated below. I am assuming this is the only option
> available to me to fix the problem. If there is another
> way of fixing the problem that would be great.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich

Rich

I have two Terminal Servers (Citrix), both listed under an
OU called mataframe. I have two GPO's for this OU one
for Command Users (administrators) and one for General
Users. On each server is a folder called profile. The
folder redirect for each start menu and desktop is listed
under this folder. Example: D:\profiles\desktop\*

The folder redirect never has to look past its own
partitions for the folder. Although I would much prefer
to manage only one folder for all redirections, sharing
that folder between all TS server, this was the way citrix
was setup. I have only been with the company for just over
a month. This was one of the issues they have been
fighting for some time.

Also we have a GPO at the domain level that is to redirect
the My Documents folder to the right folder per user. This
sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I think have this
one fixed though.

Thanks for the help.

Rich

Rich, Folder Redirection can only be set to UNC paths such
\\server\share\folder etc

I Strongly recommend you to read the User Data and Settings Management paper
there is possible solutions and ensure you understand how profiles and
folder redirection, this is covered at the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/user01.mspx