can't get file off my sd card

April 9, 2005 8:05:18 AM

Hi, hope you can help me out.
I'm having a problem with my storage card on my iPAQ. Some how I have
incomplete program files stored on the sd card and I can't seem to delete
them off my card. It says "problem deleting file" when I try and delete.
How do I get rid of these annoying, blank, & incomplete files?

Thanks for your time
Autumn

More about : file card

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 8:05:19 AM

Have you tried putting it in a card reader and formatting it?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"autumn cox via PocketPCJunkies.com" <forum@nospam.PocketPCJunkies.com>
wrote in message
news:D a7d197a352846be91643664d83f352b@PocketPCJunkies.com...
> Hi, hope you can help me out.
> I'm having a problem with my storage card on my iPAQ. Some how I have
> incomplete program files stored on the sd card and I can't seem to delete
> them off my card. It says "problem deleting file" when I try and delete.
> How do I get rid of these annoying, blank, & incomplete files?
>
> Thanks for your time
> Autumn

April 9, 2005 3:17:12 PM

No, I havn't tried that. How does that work? Would that erase everything on
my sd card? If so, thats fine with me.

Thanks

April 9, 2005 3:17:13 PM

>> would it erase everything <<

Yes... do the following instead

Put the card into a card reader on the pc

find the card using the pc's file explorer

right click the card icon

click properties

click tools

click "check now"

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 8:11:35 PM

how do you know you have a card reader on your pc? Never heard of a card
reader, wish I had one.

Thanks

Is there a way you can format from pda?

April 9, 2005 11:40:42 PM