program file list

I can't see all the programs in my program files list, how do I make these
columns smaller for viewing.

thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about program file list

    You can't. You can reorganize the All Programs menu into folders or you can
    change from the columnar to the scrolling view. Right click on the Start
    button, select the Start Menu tab, click the Customizebutton (to the right
    of the Start Menu radio button), select the Advanced tab, scroll down near
    the bottom, and check the box "Scroll Programs."

    On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:48:48 -0500, srobin wrote:

    > I can't see all the programs in my program files list, how do I make these
    > columns smaller for viewing.
    >
    > thanks in advance

    Rename longer items to make the columns more narrow.

    For the column lengths, consider reorganizing the start menu. Instead of
    allowing a folder per program, create a folder to group similar
    applications. You will need to work with two sets of folders to accomplish
    this:
    ...\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
    ...\Documents and Settings\<your account>\Start Menu.

    Colin has also posted a few other settings that you can use determine how
    the start menu will be displayed.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Thank you all, your' suggestions have been very helpful.

Microsoft Windows XP