User Access

I am trying to set some computers (Windows 2000) up with
access somewhere between a user and super user. I don't
want anyone other then admin to be able to install any
programs on the company computer but yet they do need so
limited registry access for a CAD package that we run. Can
anyone help me?
2 answers Last reply
More about user access

    You can change the ACL for the registry within a GPO.

    Computer Configuration\Windows Setting\Security Settings\Registry

    --
    Regards
    Christoffer Andersson

    "Kim" <ktompkins@nojunkplease.questaircraft.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > I am trying to set some computers (Windows 2000) up with
    > access somewhere between a user and super user. I don't
    > want anyone other then admin to be able to install any
    > programs on the company computer but yet they do need so
    > limited registry access for a CAD package that we run. Can
    > anyone help me?

    OK I will admit to my own ignorance in group polices at
    this time and I am going to ask how do I do this?

Windows