User Access

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 20, 2004 6:15:30 PM

I am trying to set some computers (Windows 2000) up with
access somewhere between a user and super user. I don't
want anyone other then admin to be able to install any
programs on the company computer but yet they do need so
limited registry access for a CAD package that we run. Can
anyone help me?

More about : user access

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 3:55:01 AM

You can change the ACL for the registry within a GPO.

Computer Configuration\Windows Setting\Security Settings\Registry

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Kim" <ktompkins@nojunkplease.questaircraft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> I am trying to set some computers (Windows 2000) up with
> access somewhere between a user and super user. I don't
> want anyone other then admin to be able to install any
> programs on the company computer but yet they do need so
> limited registry access for a CAD package that we run. Can
> anyone help me?

April 21, 2004 3:55:02 AM

OK I will admit to my own ignorance in group polices at
this time and I am going to ask how do I do this?