Can't connect to internet for update

Change from a 56k dial-up to broadband, and now the Update on the intro
screen won't update.
Un-installed firewall and anti-virus, makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Colin Girling wrote:
> Change from a 56k dial-up to broadband, and now the Update on the intro
> screen won't update.
> Un-installed firewall and anti-virus, makes no difference.
>
> Any ideas?

Try this: launch the updater. Right click on the graphic above the text
window. On the context menu, click on "Dedicated Internet Connection" so
that a check mark appears next to it.

I actually had to do that to get the updater to work for me, even though
I'm on dialup, so I expect it will work for someone who actually has a
dedicated connection. Most people probably don't even know that context
menu is there.

"Colin Girling" <colin@colingirling.my-bulldog.com> wrote in message
> Change from a 56k dial-up to broadband, and now the Update on the intro
> screen won't update.
> Un-installed firewall and anti-virus, makes no difference.
>
> Any ideas?

Are you useing a router? if so make sure you have the correct ports
fowarded, I think game TCP/IP port is 5121 but Im not sure for
autoupdate.exe. Also run the configuration utility from the NWmain start
menu and check "dedicated internet connection".
Anything beyond that we really need to know what type of error message
the updater is giveing you when you try and update?

Colin Girling wrote:
> Change from a 56k dial-up to broadband, and now the Update on the
> intro screen won't update.
> Un-installed firewall and anti-virus, makes no difference.
>
> Any ideas?

Tried re-installing the game?

If that doesn't work either you can download the updates from BW's website
and update the game without using the autoupdater.

Devast8or

Thanks all for answering my question.

"Colin Girling" <colin@colingirling.my-bulldog.com> wrote in message
> Change from a 56k dial-up to broadband, and now the Update on the intro
> screen won't update.
> Un-installed firewall and anti-virus, makes no difference.
>
> Any ideas?

> Change from a 56k dial-up to broadband, and now the Update on the intro
> screen won't update.
> Un-installed firewall and anti-virus, makes no difference.

What does the updater said? There must be some kind of error messages.

Also you can download patches from the official site.

It says a connection the the internet was not detected, even though every
other game I have finds the connection, and every other program also finds
the connection.
Iit does say holding down shift forces the connection, which works. (didn't
see that message before, due to the number of errors flashing past the
screen).