Startup Sound Limit

mohammad

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2005

I'm trying to play my own scheme at starting windows XP Pro which I used to
play it in Win98
I'm using the way :control panel>Sound>schemes
but what going is window start playing this WAVE file for a nearly half then
it stop.
How I make it play the full file such as Win98.
Thanks

mohammad

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2005

Note: I didn't find any solution by searching google or microsoft help and
support

"Mohammad" wrote:

> I'm trying to play my own scheme at starting windows XP Pro which I used to
> play it in Win98
> I'm using the way :control panel>Sound>schemes
> but what going is window start playing this WAVE file for a nearly half then
> it stop.
> How I make it play the full file such as Win98.
> Thanks

Hi,
My kids have their own start up sounds, one lasts about 30 seconds. Done by
opening Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Sounds tab, scrolling to
"Start Windows" then Browse to apply your own startup sound.

Colin.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:05:03 -0800, Mohammad wrote:

> I'm trying to play my own scheme at starting windows XP Pro which I used to
> play it in Win98
> I'm using the way :control panel>Sound>schemes
> but what going is window start playing this WAVE file for a nearly half then
> it stop.
> How I make it play the full file such as Win98.
> Thanks

I vaguely recall this happening with some of the Soundblaster cards when XP
was first released. If I remember correctly, it was fixed with an updated
sound driver.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

mohammad

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2005

Thanks Sharon, updating will proceed soon.
Thanks again.

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:21:04 -0800, Mohammad wrote:

> Thanks Sharon, updating will proceed soon.
> Thanks again.

You're welcome. Sorry my answer wasn't more detailed. I had a Soundblaster
card back then so experienced this same problem. Changed the card shortly
after when I built a new computer.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User