Access denied on Power options

All the users on our network are being denied access when trying to change the power options.Eg The in time in which the monitor or the hard drive turns off if the pc is idle. How can I give them access to those settings?
It is very annoying as the hard drive turns off after half an hour! PLease help.

Server: Win 2000
Desktops: Win XP

Many thanks

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 04:36:04 -0700, "Christos"

>All the users on our network are being denied access when trying to change the power options.Eg The in time in which the monitor or the hard drive turns off if the pc is idle. How can I give them access to those settings?
>It is very annoying as the hard drive turns off after half an hour! PLease help.
>
>Server: Win 2000
>Desktops: Win XP
>
>Many thanks

See tip 7939 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Grant the user Full Control permission on the PowerPolicies sub-key.
You must grant the user the right to shutsdown their computer.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com