How to find Group Policy?

I set up Group Policy on only one client computer for
test disable display properties. Now I would like to
enable it on but I can't find the Group Policy. How can I
find Group Policy that effect to client computer?

Best Regard,
Mesak

1) If you want to find _GPO_ (Group Policy Object) name you can run gpresult
in the command line. You will see a report, look for something like that:

Applied Group Policy Objects
-----------------------------
Default Domain Policy
Local Group Policy

Gpresult exists under Win XP/2003. If you are using Win 2000 - you have to
download it from Microsoft site (Windows 2000 -> Recourse Kit -> Free
Tools).

2) If you are looking for the exact option in Group Policy that prevent you
from changing display properties you can find it here:

User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel ->
Display -> "Disable Display in Control Panel" option.

3) If you are looking for both of just listed, fulfil step 1 and then browse
all mentioned GPO as described in step 2.

Best Regards!

"Mesak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I set up Group Policy on only one client computer for
> test disable display properties. Now I would like to
> enable it on but I can't find the Group Policy. How can I
> find Group Policy that effect to client computer?
>
> Best Regard,
> Mesak

Sorry, there was a mistake.

Use:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components ->
Control Panel -> Display -> ....

Instead of:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel ->
> Display -> "Disable Display in Control Panel" option.

I forgot to mention about "Windows Components" :) Just a typo.

"Igor Fomin" <XXXigorf@XXXdigdes.com> wrote in message
> 1) If you want to find _GPO_ (Group Policy Object) name you can run
gpresult
> in the command line. You will see a report, look for something like that:
>
> Applied Group Policy Objects
> -----------------------------
> Default Domain Policy
> Local Group Policy
>
> Gpresult exists under Win XP/2003. If you are using Win 2000 - you have to
> download it from Microsoft site (Windows 2000 -> Recourse Kit -> Free
> Tools).
>
> 2) If you are looking for the exact option in Group Policy that prevent
you
> from changing display properties you can find it here:
>
> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel ->
> Display -> "Disable Display in Control Panel" option.
>
> 3) If you are looking for both of just listed, fulfil step 1 and then
browse
> all mentioned GPO as described in step 2.
>
> Best Regards!
>
> "Mesak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I set up Group Policy on only one client computer for
> > test disable display properties. Now I would like to
> > enable it on but I can't find the Group Policy. How can I
> > find Group Policy that effect to client computer?
> >
> > Best Regard,
> > Mesak

TRENDING THREADS