EXCEL AND WORD APPLICATION PROB IN XP

HI,
Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
Now after the upgrade, it is nt possible to start Excel or Word. Message
created is : " the application failed to initialize properly ( 0xc0150002 ).
Click OK to terminate the application. "
Tried a few things without success ?
Any clues ?
Do I have to reload Office ?
Thanks for the help
Denis

Uninstalling and reinstalling Office will not harm your files.

Denis Collot wrote:
> HI,
> Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
> Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
> Now after the upgrade, it is nt possible to start Excel or Word. Message
> created is : " the application failed to initialize properly ( 0xc0150002 ).
> Click OK to terminate the application. "
> Tried a few things without success ?
> Any clues ?
> Do I have to reload Office ?
> Thanks for the help
> Denis

Have you done a system reboot. Found the following
article on MS knowledge base.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822520

gls858

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:17:52 +0100, Denis Collot wrote:

> HI,
> Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
> Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
> Now after the upgrade, it is nt possible to start Excel or Word. Message
> created is : " the application failed to initialize properly ( 0xc0150002 ).
> Click OK to terminate the application. "
> Tried a few things without success ?
> Any clues ?
> Do I have to reload Office ?
> Thanks for the help
> Denis

You could run a repair on both applications. Start the Office CD. When the
setup screen appears, select the repair/maintenance item. After this is
done, visit the Office update site and re-apply service packs and updates.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

To resolve this behavior, after you upgrade your Windows XP Home-based
computer to Windows XP Professional, or you perform a reinstall or repair of
Windows XP, reinstall Windows XP SP1a on your computer.

After you reinstall the service pack, restart your computer

Masroor

"Denis Collot" wrote:

> HI,
> Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
> Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
> Now after the upgrade, it is nt possible to start Excel or Word. Message
> created is : " the application failed to initialize properly ( 0xc0150002 ).
> Click OK to terminate the application. "
> Tried a few things without success ?
> Any clues ?
> Do I have to reload Office ?
> Thanks for the help
> Denis

"Denis Collot" <collotd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> HI,
> Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
> Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.

Bing! What do you mean by "downloaded"? I don't think you can buy Office
that way.

johnf

What do you mean by "downloaded Office?"
If you mean re-installed from a genuine CD, rather than downloaded, there
shouldn't be in any trouble.
If it's a pirated version, one of the first things the upgrade checks is the
validity of the Registration no.
If it's on their hit-list, no way can you download an upgrade.

--

johnf

> HI,
> Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
> Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
> Now after the upgrade, it is nt possible to start Excel or Word. Message
> created is : " the application failed to initialize properly (
> 0xc0150002 ). Click OK to terminate the application. "
> Tried a few things without success ?
> Any clues ?
> Do I have to reload Office ?
> Thanks for the help
> Denis

Hi, Masroor.

Why would you recommend to reinstall WinXP SP1a? WinXP SP2 has been
available for about six months now, and includes all still-current parts of
SP1.

Denis, if you still have problems getting Office components to run, ask the
Office experts in the several Office newsgroups here.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Masroor" <Masroor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> To resolve this behavior, after you upgrade your Windows XP Home-based
> computer to Windows XP Professional, or you perform a reinstall or repair
> of
> Windows XP, reinstall Windows XP SP1a on your computer.
>
> After you reinstall the service pack, restart your computer
>
> Masroor
>
> "Denis Collot" wrote:
>
>> HI,
>> Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
>> Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
>> Now after the upgrade, it is nt possible to start Excel or Word. Message
>> created is : " the application failed to initialize properly (
>> 0xc0150002 ).
>> Click OK to terminate the application. "
>> Tried a few things without success ?
>> Any clues ?
>> Do I have to reload Office ?
>> Thanks for the help
>> Denis

People "download" from CDRom.

http://www.uscricket.com
"CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in message news:TkIMd.3028$7V1.383029@phobos.telenet-ops.be...

> "Denis Collot" <collotd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> HI,
>> Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
>> Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
>
> Bing! What do you mean by "downloaded"? I don't think you can buy Office
> that way.

Interesting. Conventional terminology and usage is "load" (from CD),
"download" (from the Net). Transposing these words (without identifying data
source, which clarifies meaning) is grossly misleading when seeking help.

Len.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
People "download" from CDRom.

http://www.uscricket.com

> "Denis Collot" <collotd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> HI,
>> Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
>> Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
>
> Bing! What do you mean by "downloaded"? I don't think you can buy Office
> that way.

You receive a "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)" error
message when you start an Office 2003 program on a Windows XP Professional-based
computer

"Denis Collot" <collotd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> HI,
> Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
> Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
> Now after the upgrade, it is nt possible to start Excel or Word. Message
> created is : " the application failed to initialize properly ( 0xc0150002 ).
> Click OK to terminate the application. "
> Tried a few things without success ?
> Any clues ?
> Do I have to reload Office ?
> Thanks for the help
> Denis

None the less over 1/2 the people here do it. The less technical the more likely. Makes it hard to decide on meaning. If non technical people I asume benign meaning.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Yabbadoo" <lsdolby@ignore.ntlwor.com> wrote in message news:ssJMd.265$hQ1.1@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...
> Interesting. Conventional terminology and usage is "load" (from CD),
> "download" (from the Net). Transposing these words (without identifying data
> source, which clarifies meaning) is grossly misleading when seeking help.
>
> Len.
>
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> People "download" from CDRom.

> http://www.uscricket.com
> "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in message
>>
>> "Denis Collot" <collotd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> HI,
>>> Just upgraded XP Home to XP Professional.
>>> Before that few months, had downloaded Microsoft Office Pro 2003.
>>
>> Bing! What do you mean by "downloaded"? I don't think you can buy Office
>> that way.

Anyway, trials are usually downloaded. Folks use all kinds of strange ways
to describe 'upgrade' also.