Sign in with
Your question

I have $300 for CPU Graphics card and case need sugestions

Last response: in Systems
January 13, 2007 6:24:24 PM

Hi, back in November I parted out my gaming system to buy a new laptop for school. I didn't have to sell everything to buy the laptop here are the parts I still have:
150GB WD Raptor
X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card
Asus A8n 32-SLI Deluxe
1GB (2 * 512) Geil Ultra-X PC4400 550MHz RAM
DVD Drive
I have $300 to buy the CPU Graphics Card and case. I just want something I could do some light gaming on (like play WoW and Halo PC) and is as quiet as possible.
January 13, 2007 9:40:24 PM

that looks great to me! GJ! YAY!
Related resources
January 13, 2007 11:17:02 PM

It doesn't look like the above case has a power supply so you'll have to factor that in. Take a look at this. $85 with a 400w PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...
January 14, 2007 12:06:05 AM

I was also thinking about selling the sound card and going with a nicer case like a antec P180 or sonata 2. I want something very quiet because sound levels are very important to me. Would it be a good idea to sell the sound card and stick with the on board sound?
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2007 12:31:31 AM

Not to hi-jack anyones thread, but I just bought a X1950 Pro today at Microcenter. Had them for $200. A little more than online, but heck, not bad for an impulse buy. Very impressed! Runs cool too.
January 14, 2007 12:18:29 PM

Quote:
I was also thinking about selling the sound card and going with a nicer case like a antec P180 or sonata 2. I want something very quiet because sound levels are very important to me. Would it be a good idea to sell the sound card and stick with the on board sound?

I have the Sonata II and reallly like it and it's pretty quiet. Very easy to work in and having no PSU problems. It's currently on sale for $89 at newegg. Personally, I keep the sound card if there was anyway I could swing it. You could save some money on the sound card with something like a 7600GT, I was able to get a BFG for about $110 with a rebate. But again, I'm not a gamer so I don't put a lot of money into video cards Check this out

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/05/the_best_gaming_...
!