Screensavers Not Showing Up

When I bring up Desktop properties and select the ScreenSaver tab,
several of my screensavers are not listed. Is there a limit to the
number that can be shown, or is this a problem that can be resolved with
a registry tweak?

Regards

Duncan

--
Newsgroups are like one big sandbox that all of us
UseNet kiddies play in with peace & harmony.

Spammers, Cross-Posters, and Lamers are the
people that pee in our big sandbox.

To e-mail, please remove NO_SPAM.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 21:48:28 -0000, Duncan Edment wrote:

> When I bring up Desktop properties and select the ScreenSaver tab,
> several of my screensavers are not listed. Is there a limit to the
> number that can be shown, or is this a problem that can be resolved with
> a registry tweak?
>
> Regards
>
> Duncan

For the screensavers that are not showing: What is their extension? What
folder are they located in?

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon,

Apologies for the delay, I've had problems with my PC and hard-drive.

The screensavers that are not showing, appear to be located in my
Windows folder, and have the extension .SCR. Although, some of those
that are in the Windows folder, do show up in the list!

Any help?

Duncan

--

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:12:42 -0000, Duncan Edment wrote:

> Sharon,
>
> Apologies for the delay, I've had problems with my PC and hard-drive.
>
> The screensavers that are not showing, appear to be located in my
> Windows folder, and have the extension .SCR. Although, some of those
> that are in the Windows folder, do show up in the list!
>
> Any help?

Duncan, there's no limit that I know of. Some of the older .SCR files don't
work well in XP. I wouldn't be surprised if the older 16-bit ones didn't
show up in the screensaver list.

How many screensavers do you have listed? If a large number, what happens
if you swap some of them out of the folder and replace them with others.
Concentrate on ones that you've added. Don't bother moving the ones that
came with Windows XP. Windows File Protection protection will just add them
back into the folder if you move or delete these files.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Yeah there is a limit. 100 screensavers in the list. If you go over 100
some screensaver disappear from the list, starting with screensavers that
start with the letter z on up. Is there anyway to tweak the registry to
allow more in the list?

Thanks for your help