Folder redirection and grant user exclusive rights

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 26, 2004 8:01:59 AM

Hi,

I have some XP Pro sp1 PCs logging into a w2k AD with GPO
set up to redirect their start menus to a network
directory. All was working fine till last week when I
changed the GPO to not enforce classic shell. Now the
folder redirection only changes the start Menu setting in
the registry, and not the start menu\programs or startup
settings which still point to the users local document and
settings folder. The users also get an event ID101, access
denied in the policy event log. I have seen several
postings that suggest unchecking the Grant User Exclusive
Rights box on the settings tab of foleder redirection. My
problem is that the setting is greyed out so I can't
change it. Does anyone have any ideas please as my users
now have the wrong programs list on their start menu.

Thanks in advance

Kevin
PS to email directly remove nospam from email address
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 10:46:11 PM

Hello, There can be several Access Denied Messages, Please post the event
from the event viewer.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson