Filtering Group Policies

We have just set up a group policy to require password-protected
screensavers to activate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I did this through
a user policy. But we have run into a problem...this is also taking effect
on Citrix sessions that users have open to run applications on a few
servers.

I don't believe filtering the servers would do anything to help since it is
a user setting...how can I have this effect the users workstations, but not
their Citrix sessions?

Thank you for your help.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

We have the same problem here... would like to do this
without making an additional user account for the user to
access Citrix

Kelly-
What you probably want to do is to set up loopback policy on your Citrix
servers. From there, you can control which policy your users get based on
the GPO linked to the machine, rather than the user. There's a brief
description of loopback here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;231287

Darren

"Kelly O'Connor" <koconnor@nospam.mihomes.com> wrote in message
> We have just set up a group policy to require password-protected
> screensavers to activate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I did this
through
> a user policy. But we have run into a problem...this is also taking
effect
> on Citrix sessions that users have open to run applications on a few
> servers.
>
> I don't believe filtering the servers would do anything to help since it
is
> a user setting...how can I have this effect the users workstations, but
not
> their Citrix sessions?
>
> Thank you for your help.

Thank you for the reply. That looks like the exact thing we will need.

Let me go through it and make sure I have it down...

So I have an existing GPO called "workstation lockdown" which applies to the
domain which specifies the screensaver settings we want to require for
everyone except when they log in to Citrix/TS sessions.

I will create a new GPO called "Citrix" where I will configure no
screensaver, apply the Loopback policy to "replace" and apply that only to
the OU with the Citrix servers.

Would that work?

"Darren Mar-Elia" <fermentedgrape@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Kelly-
> What you probably want to do is to set up loopback policy on your Citrix
> servers. From there, you can control which policy your users get based on
> the GPO linked to the machine, rather than the user. There's a brief
> description of loopback here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;231287
>
> Darren
>
> "Kelly O'Connor" <koconnor@nospam.mihomes.com> wrote in message
> > We have just set up a group policy to require password-protected
> > screensavers to activate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I did this
> through
> > a user policy. But we have run into a problem...this is also taking
> effect
> > on Citrix sessions that users have open to run applications on a few
> > servers.
> >
> > I don't believe filtering the servers would do anything to help since it
> is
> > a user setting...how can I have this effect the users workstations, but
> not
> > their Citrix sessions?
> >
> > Thank you for your help.

Kelly-