new to wireless network confused newbie help please!

wertguy

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
hello everyone

my problem is how do i give my laptop an internet connection when im in work,my laptop is a msi m510-c with a wireless lan built in 802.11b my workplace is kinda far and it takes 1 hour to go in it, i live in a city, i do have a desktop pc with a 2mb dsl, so i need help! what do i need to do to be able to share my desktop internet to my laptop i am confused on what to buy? lancards antennas wireless routers etc... i need some advice

thanks and more power to you people ;)

jltech1

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
hello everyone

my problem is how do i give my laptop an internet connection when im in work,my laptop is a msi m510-c with a wireless lan built in 802.11b my workplace is kinda far and it takes 1 hour to go in it, i live in a city, i do have a desktop pc with a 2mb dsl, so i need help! what do i need to do to be able to share my desktop internet to my laptop i am confused on what to buy? lancards antennas wireless routers etc... i need some advice

thanks and more power to you people ;)

i hope i got this straight. your question is sharing dsl-delivered internet at home with your desktop pc. is the desktop pc connected to directly to the dsl modem? if so, get a wireless router and connect its wan port to the dsl modem and your desktop to one of the lan ports. then you can connect your laptop wireless to the wireless router.