Old OC Q: graves

I decided to go thru the OC again, this time using a sorceror for the
first time which I like better than wizard, at least so far, but I'm
only 8th lvl.
It's been fun, haven't done it in many months. Even found a couple new
quests that I missed the first time.
The one I'm stuck on is to find those graves of the founders of the
city. I can't get in. Are the fragments of notes the clues to what to
put in the containers? I've only got two of them, and don't remember
where they came from, if there's any correlation between place of
discovery and place of use. The ones I have are:
'a wall at arms length' - is that a bow?
'a splinter through the air' - is that an arrow?
Do these have anything at all to do with opening the doors, and if so
what is the other clue? If not, what are the clues? ...and the answers?

Thanks for the help!

Lance

"Lance M" <monarch@airmail.net> wrote in message
> I decided to go thru the OC again, this time using a sorceror for the
> first time which I like better than wizard, at least so far, but I'm
> only 8th lvl.
> It's been fun, haven't done it in many months. Even found a couple new
> quests that I missed the first time.
> The one I'm stuck on is to find those graves of the founders of the
> city. I can't get in. Are the fragments of notes the clues to what to
> put in the containers? I've only got two of them, and don't remember
> where they came from, if there's any correlation between place of
> discovery and place of use. The ones I have are:
> 'a wall at arms length' - is that a bow?
> 'a splinter through the air' - is that an arrow?
> Do these have anything at all to do with opening the doors, and if so
> what is the other clue? If not, what are the clues? ...and the answers?

Stick item of the correct type in chest.... Tis not hard really to figure
out which is which if they think about it.. or just read the answer given...

Lance M wrote:

> I decided to go thru the OC again, this time using a sorceror for the
> first time which I like better than wizard, at least so far, but I'm
> only 8th lvl.
> It's been fun, haven't done it in many months. Even found a couple new
> quests that I missed the first time.
> The one I'm stuck on is to find those graves of the founders of the
> city. I can't get in. Are the fragments of notes the clues to what to
> put in the containers? I've only got two of them, and don't remember
> where they came from, if there's any correlation between place of
> discovery and place of use. The ones I have are:
> 'a wall at arms length' - is that a bow?
> 'a splinter through the air' - is that an arrow?
> Do these have anything at all to do with opening the doors, and if so
> what is the other clue? If not, what are the clues? ...and the answers?

Those are the clues. Each clue is next to the tomb it opens. Each of
them refers to one of the ceremonial items you can get from the first
tomb in the Peninsula district. "A wall at arm's length" is from the
Beggar's Nest tomb, and "A splinter through the air" is from the
Blacklake tomb.

Spoiler space--you have all the information you need to solve the
riddles now, but I'll give you the answers if you scroll down.

"A wall at arm's length" is the ceremonial shield. "A splinter through
the air" is the arrow. "Tooth of the forge" is the sword.

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:25:51 -0500, Lance M <monarch@airmail.net>
wrote:

>I decided to go thru the OC again, this time using a sorceror for the
>first time which I like better than wizard, at least so far, but I'm
>only 8th lvl.
>It's been fun, haven't done it in many months. Even found a couple new
>quests that I missed the first time.
>The one I'm stuck on is to find those graves of the founders of the
>city. I can't get in. Are the fragments of notes the clues to what to
>put in the containers? I've only got two of them, and don't remember
>where they came from, if there's any correlation between place of
>discovery and place of use. The ones I have are:
>'a wall at arms length' - is that a bow?
>'a splinter through the air' - is that an arrow?
>Do these have anything at all to do with opening the doors, and if so
>what is the other clue? If not, what are the clues? ...and the answers?

They refer to *SPECIFIC* items that you get elsewhere, not
merely generic ones. The three notes come from three boxes by doors.
Put the right item in the box and the door opens. If you've forgotten
you can simply try all three items in each box. That's only 6 tries
needed (the right item wil disappear).