NVidia 8800 GTS/GTX DVI outputs...

Acerocks

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Hi to all... Can anyone tell me if either the GTS or GTX has a dongle that allows more then 2 displays hooked to the card? The product info says it has 2 Dual/DVI connectors. Does that mean each DVI connector can connect to 2 separate monitors for a total of more then 2 (4 total). I have the need to "stretch" the desktop area to 3 20 inch wide screens and open to buy any card that will allow this so that I don't have to use a device such as TripleHead2Go or Zenview etc. Any info or suggestion on using 3 monitors in a "stretch" configuration vs. Extended desktop would be appreciated.

miahallen

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
Please check out the Widescreen Gaming Forum for TONS of info on this subject. But the short answer is no. Almost all video cards (including the G80 series) support a maximum of two monitors.

*note*
a "dual-link DVI" connection infers a higher quality output stage allowing more bandwidth. A "single-link DVI" (the standard type) connection will only support resolutions up to 2048x1536, whereas a "dual-link DVI" connection will support resolutions up to 2560x1600 (sometimes even higher).