ie security trusted sites entries get lost

I applied a gpo, that disables ActiveX in the zone "Internet". Than I had to
realize that all these wonderful pdf-links which are needed by the users do
not work anymore. I found that this can be fixed with the list of trusted
sites. I made some entries yesterday. Today only a few of them are still
there. That´s the problem.
All tips will be appreciated.

Are there more than one Internet Explorer Maintain Settings applied from
several GPOs?

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"toft" <thomas.toft@mphitec.com> skrev i meddelandet
> I applied a gpo, that disables ActiveX in the zone "Internet". Than I had
> realize that all these wonderful pdf-links which are needed by the users
do
> not work anymore. I found that this can be fixed with the list of trusted
> sites. I made some entries yesterday. Today only a few of them are still
> there. That´s the problem.
> All tips will be appreciated.

Hi Christoffer,

yes, there is indeed one more GPO. It was created by the IEAK in order to
deploy IE6. And there the setting for security and trusted sites ist marked
as "not be configured". Perhaps I should better make my settings in this
elder GPO. The actual settings are inconsistent, right?
Well, I will try this now , see what happens and will finally post my
cognitions here....

Regards
Thomas Toft

"Chriss3" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Are there more than one Internet Explorer Maintain Settings applied from
> several GPOs?
>
> --
> Regards
> Christoffer Andersson
>
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
> "toft" <thomas.toft@mphitec.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > I applied a gpo, that disables ActiveX in the zone "Internet". Than I
had
> > realize that all these wonderful pdf-links which are needed by the users
> do
> > not work anymore. I found that this can be fixed with the list of
trusted
> > sites. I made some entries yesterday. Today only a few of them are still
> > there. That´s the problem.
> > All tips will be appreciated.

Second post today:
My change did not work. Really astonishing I find these two entries that do
not disappear. Now I need more ideas....

Toft

"toft" <thomas.toft@mphitec.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Christoffer,
>
> yes, there is indeed one more GPO. It was created by the IEAK in order to
> deploy IE6. And there the setting for security and trusted sites ist
marked
> as "not be configured". Perhaps I should better make my settings in this
> elder GPO. The actual settings are inconsistent, right?
> Well, I will try this now , see what happens and will finally post my
> cognitions here....
>
> Regards
> Thomas Toft
>
> "Chriss3" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Are there more than one Internet Explorer Maintain Settings applied from
> > several GPOs?
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Christoffer Andersson
> >
> > No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> > http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
> > "toft" <thomas.toft@mphitec.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > > I applied a gpo, that disables ActiveX in the zone "Internet". Than I
> had
> > > realize that all these wonderful pdf-links which are needed by the
users
> > do
> > > not work anymore. I found that this can be fixed with the list of
> trusted
> > > sites. I made some entries yesterday. Today only a few of them are
still
> > > there. That´s the problem.
> > > All tips will be appreciated.

Run the command line based tool gpresult /v and get a list of applied
policies at the client you can here verify if the policy is applied. You can
also use gpupdate /force to ensure the last changes are applied to the
client.

--

> Second post today:
> My change did not work. Really astonishing I find these two entries that
do
> not disappear. Now I need more ideas....
>
> Toft
>

> "toft" <thomas.toft@mphitec.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi Christoffer,
> >
> > yes, there is indeed one more GPO. It was created by the IEAK in order
> > deploy IE6. And there the setting for security and trusted sites ist
> marked
> > as "not be configured". Perhaps I should better make my settings in this
> > elder GPO. The actual settings are inconsistent, right?
> > Well, I will try this now , see what happens and will finally post my
> > cognitions here....
> >
> > Regards
> > Thomas Toft
> >
> > "Chriss3" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Are there more than one Internet Explorer Maintain Settings applied
from
> > > several GPOs?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > > Christoffer Andersson
> > >
> > > No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> > > http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
> > > "toft" <thomas.toft@mphitec.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > had
> users
> > > do
> > trusted
> still

Hi again Chris,

from your answere I do assume that we have a kind of misunderstanding. The
problem is not the client side. It´s the AD server itself where i fill the
list of trusted sites into the GPO and after some hours they are
disappeared. Only the first two ones which I have registered when I created
the GPO do stay there.
Anyway I will try to see what the tools you mentioned will show.

Thomas

> Run the command line based tool gpresult /v and get a list of applied
> policies at the client you can here verify if the policy is applied. You
can
> also use gpupdate /force to ensure the last changes are applied to the
> client.
>
> --
> Regards
> Christoffer Andersson
>
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
> "toft" <thomas.toft@mphitec.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Second post today:
> > My change did not work. Really astonishing I find these two entries that
> do
> > not disappear. Now I need more ideas....
> >
> > Toft
> >

> > "toft" <thomas.toft@mphitec.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Hi Christoffer,
> > >
> > > yes, there is indeed one more GPO. It was created by the IEAK in order
> > > deploy IE6. And there the setting for security and trusted sites ist
> > marked
> > > as "not be configured". Perhaps I should better make my settings in
this
> > > elder GPO. The actual settings are inconsistent, right?
> > > Well, I will try this now , see what happens and will finally post my
> > > cognitions here....
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Thomas Toft
> > >
> > > "Chriss3" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> from

Than
> > > had
> > users
> > > trusted
> > still

2nd post for today:
I found the following knowledgebase article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;us-en;316116
Well, I added this inetres.adm in my gpeditor and found that I really used
the old one from 1999. I filled up my list of trusted sites and will now see
what happens....

"Chriss3" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Run the command line based tool gpresult /v and get a list of applied
> policies at the client you can here verify if the policy is applied. You
can
> also use gpupdate /force to ensure the last changes are applied to the
> client.
>
> --
> Regards
> Christoffer Andersson
>
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
> "toft" <thomas.toft@mphitec.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Second post today:
> > My change did not work. Really astonishing I find these two entries that
> do
> > not disappear. Now I need more ideas....
> >
> > Toft
> >

> > "toft" <thomas.toft@mphitec.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Hi Christoffer,
> > >
> > > yes, there is indeed one more GPO. It was created by the IEAK in order
> > > deploy IE6. And there the setting for security and trusted sites ist
> > marked
> > > as "not be configured". Perhaps I should better make my settings in
this
> > > elder GPO. The actual settings are inconsistent, right?
> > > Well, I will try this now , see what happens and will finally post my
> > > cognitions here....
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Thomas Toft
> > >
> > > "Chriss3" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag