Group Policy!! Changing settings for only a specific user ..

Tags:
  • Policy
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 28, 2004 3:20:59 PM

I need to assign specific user rights and accesses without
changing the admin rights...All I can seem to is change
the settings on the GPE, and it affects the whole OS!
Please help me with this....I am stuck!

More about : group policy changing settings specific user

Anonymous
April 28, 2004 7:29:01 PM

Could you please clarify your question? If you are trying to assign a
specific user certain user rights you can do this through a Group Policy
Object. (Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
Policies\User Rights Assignment to be specific) When you modify these
settings just add the new user/group and give them the individual rights
that you wish them to have. If you only want the user to have these rights
on a specific subset of computers, create a new OU, move the computer's
account to that OU, and configure the user rights in a new Group Policy
Object on that OU.

Hope that answers your questions,

Adam Arndt
!