Local admin can't add computer to domain

Any ideas how to enable the local administrator to add a computer to a
domain when this option under My Computer/Properties/Network
Identification/Network ID is greyed out?

Clearly, the PC in question has at one time or other had a group
policy assigned to disable this option. I checked the "Add
workstations to domain" policy under Local Security Settings/User
Rights Assignment and it was not set. I changed it to permit local
admins to do it, but to no avail.

Presumably changing the registry will work, but which key is it?
1 answer Last reply
More about local admin computer domain

    Paul run gpupdate /force and see if that helps.

    --
    Regards
    Christoffer Andersson

    "Paul Welsh" <paul-w@uk2.net> skrev i meddelandet
    > Any ideas how to enable the local administrator to add a computer to a
    > domain when this option under My Computer/Properties/Network
    > Identification/Network ID is greyed out?
    >
    > Clearly, the PC in question has at one time or other had a group
    > policy assigned to disable this option. I checked the "Add
    > workstations to domain" policy under Local Security Settings/User
    > Rights Assignment and it was not set. I changed it to permit local
    > admins to do it, but to no avail.
    >
    > Presumably changing the registry will work, but which key is it?

Policy Domain Computers Windows