Local admin can't add computer to domain

Any ideas how to enable the local administrator to add a computer to a
domain when this option under My Computer/Properties/Network
Identification/Network ID is greyed out?

Clearly, the PC in question has at one time or other had a group
policy assigned to disable this option. I checked the "Add
workstations to domain" policy under Local Security Settings/User
Rights Assignment and it was not set. I changed it to permit local
admins to do it, but to no avail.

Presumably changing the registry will work, but which key is it?

Paul run gpupdate /force and see if that helps.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson