Changing a group policy in Windows 2000 server

Just migrated from a Windows Nt to 2000 server. Kept both
servers running and transferred clients over one by one
over a period of a couple of weeks. At the time I added
the clients I required a password change on a monthly
basis. I would like to change the policy so that each
client must change their password on a monthly basis and
all be required to change on the first of each month. Any
suggestions?

Hi

The "Maximum password age" security setting determines the period of time

(in days) that a password can be used before the system requires the user

to change it. You can set passwords to expire after a number of days

between 1 and 999, or you can specify that passwords never expire by

setting the number of days to 0.

Please visit the link given below that has further information on the

"Maximum password age" security setting:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/enterprise

/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/en

terprise/proddocs/en-us/501.asp?frame=true

Additionally, you can also visit the link given below that has information

on Best Practices on Password Policy:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/enterprise

/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/en

terprise/proddocs/en-us/windows_password_protect.asp?frame=true

Subbu