Why do many mod builders disable henchman inventory?

Just curious as to why. I've played a number of modules and most
prevent the player from accessing the henchman inventory.

Is it because the mod pre-dates SoU? Or are there other
considerations?

I think one of the big advantages to having a henchman is that they
can help you carry stuff :-)
2 answers Last reply
More about builders disable henchman inventory

    A Couple of reasons here. 1. It takes work to set up henchman
    inventory and most builders just don't want to do that. 2. The mod
    pre-dates SoU. 3. They didn't know you could set up henchman inventory
    access or they do not have SoU.

    Anonymous Jack wrote:

    > Just curious as to why. I've played a number of modules and most
    > prevent the player from accessing the henchman inventory.
    >
    > Is it because the mod pre-dates SoU? Or are there other
    > considerations?

    Even with SoU installed the henchman inventory isn't accessible by default,
    the function has to be activated by the appropriated scripts. Therefor it
    requires some work to update elder modules to the SoU standard. Because the
    new levelling up system works different, you have to create new henchmen,
    and if your module builds on the same recalling stuff as the OC does, you
    have to make changes here as well. In theory, it should be possible to
    script a mix of old and new henchman functions, but it will be difficult and
    involves a lot of testing.

Games Video Games