Why do many mod builders disable henchman inventory?

Last response: in Video Games
June 4, 2004 5:10:45 PM

Just curious as to why. I've played a number of modules and most
prevent the player from accessing the henchman inventory.

Is it because the mod pre-dates SoU? Or are there other
considerations?

I think one of the big advantages to having a henchman is that they
can help you carry stuff :-)
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 7:34:58 PM

A Couple of reasons here. 1. It takes work to set up henchman
inventory and most builders just don't want to do that. 2. The mod
pre-dates SoU. 3. They didn't know you could set up henchman inventory
access or they do not have SoU.
On 4 Jun 2004 13:10:45 -0700, alordofchaos@yahoo.com (Anonymous Jack)
wrote:

>Just curious as to why. I've played a number of modules and most
>prevent the player from accessing the henchman inventory.
>
>Is it because the mod pre-dates SoU? Or are there other
>considerations?
>
>I think one of the big advantages to having a henchman is that they
>can help you carry stuff :-)
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 5:32:03 PM

Anonymous Jack wrote:

> Just curious as to why. I've played a number of modules and most
> prevent the player from accessing the henchman inventory.
>
> Is it because the mod pre-dates SoU? Or are there other
> considerations?

Even with SoU installed the henchman inventory isn't accessible by default,
the function has to be activated by the appropriated scripts. Therefor it
requires some work to update elder modules to the SoU standard. Because the
new levelling up system works different, you have to create new henchmen,
and if your module builds on the same recalling stuff as the OC does, you
have to make changes here as well. In theory, it should be possible to
script a mix of old and new henchman functions, but it will be difficult and
involves a lot of testing.
!