Administrator welcome screen problem

I hope this isn't a repost, I apologize in advance. On my laptop home
computer I had my brother fix my welcome screen following the "RUN: control
userpasswords2 ". It was fine until he decided to change everything into one
account for me without asking first. Now when I start the computer I get the
welcome screen saying "administrator" and asking for a password. The problem
is I never entered a password. It will not allow me to get to so much as a
menu. I'm just confused and I really need to use at least MS Word for my
college papers. I can't even locate a rescue disk and I'm stressed. Should I
just give up and re-install WindowsXP home and everything all over again or
is there a way around this? Hope I made some sense, thanks to anyone who can
help.
2 answers Last reply
More about administrator screen problem

    Try this link, kindness of Kelly's Korner:
    http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

    "androhmeda" <androhmeda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I hope this isn't a repost, I apologize in advance. On my laptop home
    > computer I had my brother fix my welcome screen following the "RUN:
    > control
    > userpasswords2 ". It was fine until he decided to change everything into
    > one
    > account for me without asking first. Now when I start the computer I get
    > the
    > welcome screen saying "administrator" and asking for a password. The
    > problem
    > is I never entered a password. It will not allow me to get to so much as
    > menu. I'm just confused and I really need to use at least MS Word for my
    > college papers. I can't even locate a rescue disk and I'm stressed.
    > Should I
    > just give up and re-install WindowsXP home and everything all over again
    > or
    > is there a way around this? Hope I made some sense, thanks to anyone who
    > can
    > help.

    try

    "androhmeda" wrote:

    > I hope this isn't a repost, I apologize in advance. On my laptop home
    > computer I had my brother fix my welcome screen following the "RUN: control
    > userpasswords2 ". It was fine until he decided to change everything into one
    > account for me without asking first. Now when I start the computer I get the
    > welcome screen saying "administrator" and asking for a password. The problem
    > is I never entered a password. It will not allow me to get to so much as a
    > menu. I'm just confused and I really need to use at least MS Word for my
    > college papers. I can't even locate a rescue disk and I'm stressed. Should I
    > just give up and re-install WindowsXP home and everything all over again or
    > is there a way around this? Hope I made some sense, thanks to anyone who can
    > help.

Computers Windows XP