Closed

How to design a group policy to prohbit user to access Int..

Hi everyone,

Now I have a problem to design a group policy to prohbit the users to access the internet except some specified web sites.

for example, a user just can access www.msn.com which I specified . He can't access others web sites.

Could you please help me?

Thanks

Tim
4 answers Last reply
More about design group policy prohbit user access

    I just read "http://www.chrisse.se/MAQB.asp?ID=17" document.

    But now I have a question about this method.

    This group policy isn't working in my network.

    Because the "Enable button" is set in "Contnt" tab, so I have to click the enable button to activate it.

    How can I set the button to "Disable" position in my grpou policy?

    Thanks a lot.

    Tim

    Tim,

    Chriss has one way of doing it. I have not yet tried it but I am sure that
    he has and that it works. He is a very smart young man!

    There is another way. It is a two-step process. First you create a GPO
    that gives an incorrect proxy address ( something that will not conflict
    with your IP scheme - if you have 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x in your
    environment then I might suggest that you use something like 10.1.2.8 as the
    proxy address ) and then you take a way the users ability to change that
    setting! This way they will never be able to get out to the Internet.
    However, bear in mind that they will not be able to get out to the Internet
    period. Not gonna happen. It is an all or nothing thing.

    If you want a user to be able to get out to only a very specific few sites
    then I might suggest that you take a look at ISA or at your Firewall and
    check to see if that ability is there. I know that it is available with ISA
    ( ISA is the new version of Proxy Server 2.0 ).

    HTH,

    Cary

    "Tim" <wtmw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Now I have a problem to design a group policy to prohbit the users to
    access the internet except some specified web sites.

    > for example, a user just can access www.msn.com which I specified . He
    can't access others web sites.

    > Could you please help me?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tim

    use "bypass proxy" to specify the websites the user should
    still be allowed to access

  4. This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy

Policy Windows